Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Rollins Crew...


As I witnessed this wonderful event today, thoughts tired me out. I reached out to what I consider my family, after all these years, and new thoughts entered my mind. This past Monday I had the opportunity to run into some Rollins College Students and as some of the ladies told me (though I'm not sure how they know this), it's still the same.

And you know what? I hope that's the case. As I prepare to be in Paul's wedding: Paul, who became my big brother freshman year and taught me the nuances of stress massages (thanks for volunteering Amir) and Star Trek Next Generation. As I call Robiaun in the middle of the day to get a word of advice: Robi, who pulled me in to her arms on that Fall day in 1992 while I walked around Mills Lawn stopping at the tables filled with activities and information. As I harass Ixchelle (apparently now that she's grown up she's no longer Shelley!) about sending me baby pictures: Shelley who I talked into getting a tattoo with me on October 27th, 1994, so that I wouldn't do it on my own. I can go on and on and on. All this to say, I hope that things are still the same.

We always speak of reconnecting. Always remember how things were for us day in and day out on a campus where we felt so isolated. But most importantly, most of us are still connected, forever. Through marriages, births, deaths and everything else in between. Because we will forever be the Rollins Crew...

© 2009

No comments: